Rohan and his coaching team have a primary focus of improving members tennis skill in a positive, fun manner. Group coaching is designed to give all students, in particularly children a solid grounding in all relevant areas of the game should they want to develop their tennis further with private lessons and extra match play (tournaments, representative competition etc.). We pride ourselves on everyone leaving each lesson with key areas and themes to work on, making the path to improvement easier to understand.
Different coaching types require strategies but they still concentrate on these key areas:
- Technical skill
- Rules of the game
- Physical preparedness
As a player receiving coaching, there are some important things to remember that will make the coaching experience and more rewarding one:
- Embrace the tasks you are given
- Make the coach aware of any injury you or your child may be carrying prior to the lesson start
- Arrive at least 5 mins before the session to ensure you are ready to start and maximise your time on court
- The coaching team encourages self-practice in your own time. Before your net lesson take some time to work on themes that have been introduced in lessons.
- If in doubt about weather, please call or text Rohan for advice as to what is happening.
- The coaching staff is knowledgeable. Feel free to ask questions!
- Equipment to bring: racquet, water bottle, towel, hat (summer months)